Withy Arms Bamber Bridge

About Us

A Brief History
Built on the orginal Preston and Wigan Turnpike Road in the mid 19th Century, the orginal Withy Trees Inn is shown on the orginal deeds as early as 1877.

The orginal building, in the photo above was acquired by the Boddington Family in 1899 and underwent several name changes including The Withy Trees Hotel, Shifty O'Shays and The Top House as well as being demolished and rebuilt, in its current form, in the late 1960's.

To champion a strong comunity spirit and in line with the traditions and history of this area of Bamber Bridge, the Withy Arms opens its doors afresh in July 2011.

 



Copyright 2011 Reginald James Limited. All Rights Reserved.